Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Learning to knit

Pin It

One day last week when I was very bored and didn't feel like crocheting I picked up the only pair of knitting needles that I had and started to teach myself to knit. I have been having this pair since my college days. They are size 10 needles and were birthday gifts from my friends who obviously didn't know the difference between crocheting and knitting. I remember receiving two pairs but I am not sure. I have only one now. It took me just one afternoon to learn how to knit and purl. I also learnt how to bind off but I did that only once, it was a bit frustrating. 


 On a sleepless night last week I was thinking about my online business. Last year was not a great one for me business wise, at the same I wouldn't call it a bad one too. I thought I should make a few changes. I am thinking of giving it a new name, I have already done that twice and I'm not sure if Etsy would allow me to do it again. If they do I'll change the name. I was also thinking of combining both my Etsy shops into one but I don't know if I would really want to do that. I will be revising the rates and removing or updating those patterns which have very few or no sales. I have already started rewriting a few patterns. All these changes would be gradual and will take some time. Only when I am done with all the old patterns I'm going to start with anything new. I already have a couple of patterns which are almost done but I think that would have to wait. 

Allfreecrochetafghanpatterns has again selected this blog as one of the top blogs of 2016. It's because of you readers and thank you all so much. 

Still I don't know how to bring my blog list back to the sidebar. It shows in the blogger layout but it does not appear in the sidebar. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Have a nice day!

8 comments:

  1. Congrads on being selected as one of the top blogs of 2016. Even i wanted to learn how to knit. May this year be a good one for your etsy business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I also got tickled because I have the book shown in your photos!God only knows how old the edition I have is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for being on the top list. Good luck for your business this year. Me too have plans for an etsy shop but I am very lazy in executing it. Good luck in learning knitting. Once I have tried some knitted stitches but I got bored and it was not that much appealing to me. But may be sometime later I will surely pick up knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations !!!
    Keep going !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on learning to knit so fast, some people find it hard to grasp. Good luck on rearranging your shop I hope it all goes well for you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Congratulations! thats a great achievement. x

      Delete
  6. Congrats !! Hope your business plans work out as you want. Good luck!! Nice to know you learned knitting too:)
    I know basic knitting and so far I have knitted three sweaters in my life with my mom's help. Now you will have more scope for pattern creations for your shop. Knitted sock patterns get more sales than crocheted ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to have picked up on knitting pretty fast.:) Congratulations on the blog selection! I was thinking of revamping my Etsy shop too, and I was going to ask you for advice. I love your shop, your patterns are very good. Your crochet toys are just lovely.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...